Today’s Hindu Panchang
Date – 15 February 2022
Day – Tuesday
Vikram Samvat – 2078
Shaka Samvat -1943
Ayan – Uttarayan
season – winter
month – magh
Paksha – Shukla
Tithi – Chaturdashi night till 09:42, then full moon
Nakshatra – Pushya till 01:49 after that Ashlesha
Yoga – good luck night till 09:18 after that Shobhan
Rahukaal – 03:45 pm to 05:11 pm
Sunrise – 07:10
Sunset – 18:35
Dishashul – in the north direction
- Vrat festival details –
In this way, every date of Magh is a holy festival, however, Maghi Purnima has great importance from religious point of view too. On this day, after retiring from bathing, there is a special fruit of worshiping God, performing Shradh and donating. By donating sesame seeds, cotton clothes, blankets, gems, turbans, shoes etc. on the day of Maghi Purnima, according to one’s splendour, a person becomes happy in heaven. According to ‘Matsya Purana’, a person who donates ‘Brahmavaivarta Purana’ on this day attains Brahmaloka.
Special – Maghi Purnima is on Wednesday 16 February 2022.
In religious scriptures, the full moon date is considered to be especially fruitful. Among all those full moons, the importance of Maghi Purnima is far more. According to the Puranas, by taking special measures on this day, Goddess Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth, is soon pleased. Doing many other measures on this day gives auspicious results. These measures are as follows-
- Maghi Purnima is considered a special date to please Goddess Lakshmi. Worship Mahalakshmi along with Lord Vishnu at around 12 o’clock on this full moon night and light a lamp of ghee at the main door of the house at night itself. With this remedy, Goddess Lakshmi is pleased and resides in that house.
- On the morning of Maghi Purnima, go to a nearby Lakshmi temple and offer 11 rose flowers. With this, you will also get the blessings of Lord Vishnu along with Mother Lakshmi and suddenly there will be sums of monetary gains.
- Goddess Saraswati is also worshiped with full rituals on the morning of Maghi Purnima. On this day, offer white flowers to Goddess Saraswati and offer Kheer. This goddess, who gives knowledge and wisdom, is especially pleased with this remedy.
- This day is also considered best for offering prayers to ancestors. On this day, by donating water, food donation, land donation, clothes and food items for the ancestors, they get satisfaction. By providing food to brahmins along with a couple, one attains eternal fruit.
- Although Lord Satyanarayan is worshiped on all the full moons, but on the full moon of Magh month, its importance has been increased. Worship Lord Satyanarayan in the evening, offer Dhoop Deep Naivedya. Listen to the story of Lord Satyanarayan.
- Donation on Maghi Purnima also has special significance. According to religious texts, on this day one should donate sesame, blanket, cotton, jaggery, ghee, modak, shoes, fruits, grains etc. to the needy.