Today’s Hindu Panchang
Date 11 June 2022
Day – Saturday
Vikram Samvat – 2079
Ashka Samvat – 1944
Ayan – Uttarayan
season – summer
mas – eldest
Paksha – Shukla
Tithi – Ekadashi till 05:45 in the morning, then Dwadashi
Constellation – Swati night till 02:05 after that Visakha
Yoga – Parigh night till 08:47 after that Shiva
Rahukaal – 09:16 am to 10:58 am
Sunrise – 05:54
Sunset – 07:25
Dishashul – in the east direction
Brahma Muhurta – 04:30 am to 05:12 am
Nishita Muhurta – Night from 12.18 to 01:00
Vrat festival details – Nirjala Ekadashi
Special – Eating rice is prohibited on Ekadashi.
Nirjala Ekadashi 11th June 2022
What to do and what not to do in Ekadashi?
- Do not use wooden teeth and paste on Ekadashi, chew lemon, berries or mango leaves and clean the throat with your fingers. It is also forbidden to pluck a leaf from a tree, so eat the fallen leaves yourself.
- After taking bath, recite Gita, recite Vishnu Sahasranama.
By reciting Shri Vishnu Sahasranama on every Ekadashi, happiness and peace remains in the house.
Ram Rameti Rameti. Rame Rame Manorame. A thousand names are like that. Ram Naam Varane.
The recitation of this mantra on the day of Ekadashi gives the same virtue as the chanting of Vishnu Sahasranama.
- ‘Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudevaya’: This twelfth letter mantra or Gurumantra should be chanted.
- One should not talk to thieves, hypocrites and mischievous people, stay as silent as possible.
- On the day of Ekadashi, one should not eat rice or feed it to anyone. On this day it is beneficial to stay on fruit diet or fruit juice extracted at home or on milk or water.
- Fasting (Dashami, Ekadashi and Dwadashi) – During these three days, bronze utensils, meat, onions, garlic, lentils, urad, gram, kodo (a type of paddy), vegetables, honey, oil and atyambupan (consumption of more water) ) – Do not consume them.
- The fruit-eater should not consume cabbage, carrot, turnip, spinach, kelp greens etc. Amrut fruits like mango, grapes, banana, almond, pistachio etc should be consumed.
- One should stay away from gambling, sleep, drinking, alien blasphemy, slander, theft, violence, sex, anger and other misdeeds like lying, deceit etc.
- If you accidentally talk to a slanderer, then to remove this defect, you should ask for forgiveness by worshiping Lord Surya and worshiping Shrihari with incense-lamp.
- Do not sweep the house on the day of Ekadashi, as there is a fear of death of micro-organisms like ant etc.
- Do not have hair cut on this day .
- Donate food as much as you can on this day, but never take food given by yourself.
- On the night of Ekadashi, Jagran should be done in front of Lord Vishnu (Jagran till 1 o’clock in the night).
- One who lights a lamp in the night while awakening near Shri Hari, his virtue is not destroyed even in a hundred cycles.
By this method the one who fasts gets the best results.