️ Date – 30 July 2022
️ Day – Saturday
️ Vikram Samvat – 2079 (Gujarat-2078)
️ Shaka Samvat-1944
️ Ayan – Dakshinayana
️ Season – rainy season
️ Month -Shravan
️ Paksha – Shukla
️ Date – Dwitiya 31st July till 02:59 after that Tritiya
️ Nakshatra – Ashlesha night till 12:13 after that Magha
️ Yoga – Vyatipat till 07:02 after that Varyan
️ Rahukaal – 09:28 am to 11:07 am
Sunrise – 06:12
️ Sunset – 19:17
Dishashul – in the east direction
Vrat festival details –
Special – Eating Brihati (small brinjal or Katehri) on Dwitiya is prohibited. (Brahmavaivarta Purana, Brahma Khand: 27.29-34)
In Shravan (Sawan), Shiva devotees take many measures to please Lord Bholenath. Some such small and infallible measures are also written in Shiv Puran. These remedies are so simple that they can be done easily. By doing these measures in Sawan lawfully, every wish of the devotees can be fulfilled. These measures are as follows-
According to Shiv Puran, the ways to please Lord Shiva are as follows-
- Offering rice to Lord Shiva brings wealth.
- Offering sesame seeds destroys sins.
- Offering barley increases happiness.
- Offering wheat increases progeny.
According to Shiv Puran, know what kind of juice (liquid) is offered to Lord Shiva and what are the results-
- Offering water to Lord Shiva in case of fever gives quick benefits. Worship of Shiva with water is also said to be best for happiness and growth of children.
- For a sharp mind, offer milk mixed with sugar to Lord Shiva.
- If sugarcane juice is offered on Shivling, then all the pleasures are attained.
- By offering Ganga water to Shiva, both enjoyment and salvation are attained.
- Anointing Lord Shiva with honey provides relief in tuberculosis.
- If a physically weak person anoints Lord Shiva with pure cow’s ghee, then his weakness can be removed.
According to Shiv Puran, know which flower is offered to Lord Shiva, what is the fruit-
- Worshiping Lord Shiva with flowers of red and white figures leads to salvation.
- Worshiping Lord Shiva with jasmine flower gives vehicle happiness.
- By worshiping Shiva with linseed flowers, man becomes dear to Lord Vishnu.
- By worshiping with the leaves of Shami tree, salvation is attained.
- Worshiping with the flower of Bela gives a beautiful and gentle wife.
- Worship Lord Shiva with the flower of Juhi, then there is never a shortage of food in the house.
- Worshiping Lord Shiva with Kaner flowers gives new clothes.
- Worshiping with flowers of Harsingar increases happiness and wealth.
- On worshiping with the flower of Dhatura, Lord Shankar provides a suitable son, which illuminates the name of the family.
- Red stalked Datura is considered auspicious in Shiva worship.